Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shout out


I would like to take this moment to thank my mother, Kathy Cleaveland, and my sister, Kimberly Cleaveland, for introducing me and staying right along side me with the Jane Fonda work out tapes during my formative years. We sweated, kicked, scooted, jogged, leg-lifted, crunched and clapped our way into health in the 80's with Jane Fonda and her gang of friends. Little did I know how it would influence me to day and lead me to my current 80's Gym Day success. All I can say is thank you. Without you, all of this might never have been possible.



And I would like to point out that growing up I wanted to be the girl in grey and pink to the right of Jane. She not only could kick and jog with the best of them, but she also sang at the same time. My idol.

And don't kid yourself...that is a man with a beard in tiny yellow shorts and a blue cut off shirt. Delicious.


2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, the Adams family women would "Sweat to the Oldies" with Richard Simmons! I had a work-out idol from the videos as well.... I wanted to be the woman who rode off on the motorcycle with the bad boy during one of the songs - wow, not much has changed in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give me way too much credit for Jane Fonda...I think Kim must have been the other Jane Fonda groupie!

    kathy

    ReplyDelete