Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And I'm Back in the Game...

After a long absence I am here and blogging again! I took a short hiatus to vacate the mainland and head to visit my dear friend Kristy in the great state of Hawaii. I am tanned and rested and ready to get back at it.

I did pretty well in Hawaii. Lots of seafood, a couple of serious feasts (as warranted on vacation) and stayed pretty active. We stayed at a little bungalow not too far from the beach. Kristy worked a couple of mornings so I would get up, run (yes - run) on the beach and then lay out for a couple of hours before Kristy would pick me up and we would figure out what we wanted to do. Other fun activities include swimming with the dolphins, a round of golf, and a hike that include what has lovingly been dubbed "cardiac hill." Check out the pic below - it totally does not do this hill justice!


But now it is back to reality. Today was the first day back at the gym and I'm sure tomorrow will be hell with the Day 2 soreness. Awesome. Today we had to do what I have dubbed the "crab shuffle" where we chassé across the floor with ankle bands on. Afterward I felt like I was going back up Cardiac Hill. Whooo!


I want to commend Ryan for her blogging in my absence. I don't know how I can ever compare to the "train-ultery" post and honestly, I don't think I want to. So there.

More and better blogging to come I promise. But for now, in the immortal words of my fantastic roommate Cortney - Deuces!

5 comments:

  1. Wel-come ba-ck...Clap! Clap! Clap, clap, clap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Sister! And may I commend YOU on your word "chasse"...brought me back to the old days at Tobys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Kim...let's not forget Dettes. Show a little respect! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a slow clap I see in the first comment? I have always wanted a slow clap in my honor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for the slow clap...that was a chant. My apologies for getting your hopes up and then beating you down with them. :\

    ReplyDelete