Thursday, March 12, 2009

Short Circuit

To anyone with a legitimate taste in great movies, the title of today's post probably conjured up images of the 1986 classic in which a neurotic robot runs around town attempting to evade capture and eventual reprogramming. And if it didn't- well, clearly a quick trip to your local Blockbuster is in order because it's a rockin' flick. Given I was about 7 when I watched it, so perhaps it's not quite as cool as I remember but I'm sure it's still awesome. Short Circuit, I feel certain, is much like a fine wine (or myself)...they only get better with time. :) And for my movie watchers out there, how could we forget the famous line, "Number 5 is alive!!"

Well... Johnny 5 might be alive, but my lower extremities certainly are not. Which brings us to the heart of today's post. After yesterday's session of "lunge for your life," my glutes and hammys are being less than cooperative today...

Seeing as I could barely roll out of bed this morning, I knew today's workout was not going to be a cake walk but I'd hoped (to no avail) that once my body got moving I would be able to work out some of the "kinks." Sadly, this was not the case. Today it was back to circuit training with a peppering of cardio throughout the workout. And although the Circle of Doom is something I generally enjoy, today it was grueling on the lower body. My legs and derrière seemed to revolt against the strain I was putting on them and there was little I could do to change that but try not to cry like a little girl at the gym and attempt to push through it.
.
On the whole it was a good workout. And although I'm walking as though I've been riding a horse for a week I just keep telling myself, "If it hurts this bad now, just think how good you'll look in a few months!" So at this point, I welcome the pain. Bring it on body- I can take it!! You may want to be a fatty pile of goo but I say, "NO!" You're going to be in shape and like it! And just to show my butt who's boss I might just go for a run tonight. What do you think about that, huh?? Take THAT lower body!! BOOYAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment