Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Let's Get Physical, Physical..."

I would like to welcome everyone back to the 80's for today's post! Get out your Popples and slap bracelets because you're about to experience a blast from the past!

J.R. took it upon himself to "mix things up" and what resulted was a somewhat embarrassing display (on my part) of classic 80's dance moves and exercises in the middle of a decently crowded gym. Awesome! :)

He decided to mainly pull from sweet, sweet dance movies such as Saturday Night Fever and Flashdance with a little Jane Fonda Workout mixed in there, of course. I mean what says 80's workouts better than Spandex, leg warmers, and Jane Fonda?? NOTHING!

Although I initially was a bit weary with where our 80s tribute workout would take us, I figured there was little I could do to stop it so I might as well enjoy it! I did have one stipulation for J.R. though- no Kevin Bacon Footloose montage dancing in the gym! Every person has their limits and well...Kev Kev is mine. haha! See what I mean?!? Yikes. ----->

But don't kid yourself...we were definitely running in place with spins and all in the middle of the gym à la Flashdance! I'm sure we were quite a sight to see for the bleary-eyed early morning fitness buffs. :) I must say though, Katie did a much better Jennifer Beals impression than me...she seemed to have a little more pizzazz when it came to the head roll/spin while running combo! :)

In the spirit of our 80's extravaganza, I requested that J.R. next time wear an awesome leotard and leggings...not surprisingly, he declined. He did however agree to sport an off the shoulder sweatshirt though! I still consider this a victory! And yes, I did paste J.R.'s head on Jennifer Beals' body...that is happening...like right now...


All in all, it was a pretty fun workout! And I totally have a new respect for leg lifts!! Ouch!
Jane, how did you do it??

..............

1 comment: