Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Good Ole Super Friends Tractor Pull...

What's that you say? You don't know what a Super Friends Tractor Pull is?? Do I have to spoon feed you guys everything?!

Alright, I give. Let me explain...

J.R. opened Tuesday's workout by stating, "Today we're just going to work arms and shoulders." Of course the first thing that goes through my head was, "wonderful! I'll probably live through this!! At least I'll be able to walk!" Now why I have yet to catch on to this I don't know...but J.R.'s concept of various body parts is usually quite different from mine. When I think of "arms and shoulders" I generally think of those long appendages that are positioned pretty perfectly below my neck that I use to let's say, hug people or perhaps eat a meal of food. Unfortunately for me, J.R.'s version of "arms and shoulders" involves more of my entire body. I'm beginning to think I might need to buy young J.R. an anatomy book...

We began working out with free weights where we paid homage to our super hero friends. Envision doing a curl but in your beginning position turn your wrists to face away from your body while holding the dumbbells. This my friends is "the Spiderman." Next, curl your arms up to your shoulders and now you have "the Wonder Woman." Now go ahead and press that out above your head, once again facing your wrists away from your body, and voila! "the Superman!" Okay, you get the picture!

So J.R. seemed to sense that Katie and I were handling our super hero workout fairly well so he decided to up the ante. [Enter giant tire].

The tractor pull portion of our workout began by doing up and down stair steps on our less than stable tire, followed by jumping in and over the tire, and it ultimately resulted in the marriage of our two workout halves creating a new bundle of joy: the Super Friends Tractor Pull. This mainly consisted of Katie and I standing on top of the tire at the same time, while maintain our balance on ONE foot and then adding our super hero arm work out to boot! You might be thinking to yourself, "oh come now Ryan...how hard could that be??" REALLY HARD, is what I would tell you! :) And don't kid yourself my readers, every time our raised foot accidentally touched the tire or we lost our balance and took a step it resulted in more reps. Yikes! And just for good measure at the end of the workout, J.R. decided to top things off with a refreshing session of taking turns flipping our massive tire and then jumping over it. Delightful!

So like usual, at the end of our "upper body workout" my entire body was screaming at me. I'm sensing that this is starting to become an painful pattern! :)

Look! It's a bird! It's a plane! No...wait. It's just Katie and Ryan standing on an enormous tire. Nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment