Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Treat of the Week!

One of the reasons we started this blog was, not only discuss our progress, but share with everyone different tricks, tools, and foods we've discovered along the way and well... we've done a pretty miserable job of that so far! So to keep the posts rollin' I'm going to (attempt) to start posting about different foods or recipes I come across each week!

This week I will be highlighting a recent find of mine, but an instant favorite. Drum roll please...

Ta-da!!!

For those of you that know me well, you know that I love Kashi. I have been a fan since my mom turned me on to it my freshman year of college. I'm not gonna lie though... I definitely caught a lot of flack for my love of sweet, sweet Kashi mainly because 1. no one had heard of it 2. it seemed a bit tree-huggerish and 3. well it just had a funny name. But now that Kashi is much more prominent on the healthy food scene I scoff at all of you who once made fun of me!! MUAHAHA! I win!! Aaaand, sorry about that little outburst... So I'm sure it will come to no surprise that my first treat of the week is indeed in the Kashi family.

I was recently browsing the (four) aisles in the SMU Market when I came across this delicious, little gem of a snack. Kashi's Crunchy! Chocolate Pretzel Bar is da-bomb. Yes, that was "da-bomb" and not "the bomb"...its so good the "the" morphed into a "da". I'm pretty positive there is some scientific reasoning behind the "the/da" phenomenon but it escapes me at the moment, you'll just have to take my word for it.

So if you are a fan of the salty/chocolate combo (which, for me, is one of the only forms I actually like chocolate in) then this is the snack for you! And as characteristic of most Kashi products, it's packed with protein, fiber, and some other good stuff your body likes to eat too. I've taken the liberty to also include the nutritional info just in case anyone needed a little more convincing. As you can see, this delectable snack has a few snafus like its sodium and sugar contents. So be sure you take that into account on days which you dine on this and be sure to compensate for its higher levels in your other meals throughout the day. Outside of that, this is a great midday snack that sticks with you and provides great energy for an afternoon workout.

So the next time you are at the grocery store and you are looking for a quick, on-the-go snack I would highly recommend this little guy! It is super delicious and nutritious to boot!
.
Go Kashi! Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion! I love Kashi too and I will definitely try the chocolate pretzel bar! My personal favorites are the Kashi Heart to Heart cereals and the waffles...mmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yeah that's good and I also really like their Go Lean and Go Lean Crunch cereals. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete