Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eye on the Prize

So one thing I am looking forward to wearing once I shave off a few more pounds is patterned shirts and dresses. I know, I know...I realize half of you have just momentarily paused reading this to ask yourself, "why can't she wear that now??" And the answer is actually pretty simple...it is an unfortunately reality that when a bold pattern covers a large surface area it quickly starts to look less like a snappy, fashionable 20-something and much more like your grandmother's wallpaper.


(I love you Diane von Furstenberg!)

vs.

See unattractive and a bit creepy...

Weeell maybe the creep factor has more to do with the undead twins and less to do with the heinous wallpaper, but I feel we're just splitting hairs here. The bottom line is my current wardrobe mainly consists of solid colors and I can't wait for the day that I can rock a wicked print and feel confident that I in fact look like a girl...and not like Gigi's wallpaper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment