Monday, June 8, 2009

D-Day

Hello Blog Family! I know it has been eons since I have blogged, but I have been seriously lacking on the material or at least that is what I kept telling myself that every time I sit down to write. "I have a serious writer's block" I say.

But today I really looked at it and, being honest with myself for the first time in weeks, I have come to the realization that it is not writers block but unmitigated fear. FEAR!!!!!


Let me start off by saying that it has been a busy couple of weeks. I've managed to squeeze in a family stockholder's meeting, an engagement party, a real estate convention in Las Vegas, a wedding, a lake trip on Memorial Day Weekend and, what the heck, lets just throw in a happy hour or two for good measure. All of these events involved copious amounts of alcohol and delicious food and could not have done good things for my healthy pursuits. I have tried to workout in the interim and endeavored to eat well during the week to compensate, but I can't say that I have had one perfect week in about a month. The guilt has been weighing me down like crazy...all the little alcohol treats dancing around my head.

The reason I am telling you all this is that tomorrow is D-day. We are weighing in and measuring and I am paralyzed with apprehension. I can only hope that my other efforts have outweighed the bad (though I can say that I had a great time!). We shall see friends. We shall see. Think happy thoughts! Stay tuned for some post action tomorrow.

*

* *

* *

*

* *


Also - well done Ryan on the blog redesign! I am a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment