Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update!

Hello my cyber family!! It is time to update you on my progress thus far! Now I have to be honest, I have yet to see the Biggest Loser-style results that I have so been craving which is disappointing but has made my resolve that much stronger!

JR and I had a heart to heart about a month ago because I could tell that I was losing inches but not losing any weight. After taking my measurments and chatting, we realized 1. due to me being a "sweater" we've realized the body fat percentage machine is just a waste on me! ha of course and 2. I need more cardio. At that point, we decided to step up my cardio to five times a week in hopes of burning off some of the fat that seems to grow so plentifully on my sweet bod. Weeell, after about 2+ weeks of that I still wasn't seeing different results so Matt and Jonathan stepped in to help me out also!

About a week ago, we went out to establish my maximum heart rate. And by "maximum heart rate" I of course mean "try to make your heart explode" because that's about what it felt like. So after I dodged my first heart attack, we now have an idea of what range I should be in while do my cardio workouts. I have since invested in a heart rate monitor (which is about the coolest toy I've picked up in a while!) and I hope to be dropping some serious lbs soon! In addition to having more targeted cardio workouts, I have almost doubled the intensity I was doing before and I'm shooting for 7 days of cardio a week with a combination of running and swimming. Now...if THAT doesn't do the trick I'm saving up for lipo! haha Kidding.

So now I present to you my stats! I've lost 6.5" over my midsection, hips and thighs which is a good start, but I just hoped to be a bit farther along after a few months of getting ripped! Not to worry my dear readers...it will only be a matter of time before you open up the newest issue of Victoria's Secret Swimsuit catalog and see my smiling face! haha Okay...or maybe just see a skinnier me at Central Market... :)


Note: The second set of measurements listed I was wearing street clothes so if some of the measurements look a bit crazy (i.e.- chest) its because I was wearing a sports bra on the first and third and a regular one on the second! No, I really just stuff my bra... HAHA! Kidding!

2 comments:

  1. Might be a dumb question...How did you go about finding the right range for your heart rate? I know there's a formula, but is there another better way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's taken me a year to answer this, but it's not a dumb question at all! Here is a link to a website that covers the basics pretty concisely:

    http://www.thewalkingsite.com/thr.html

    As for finding your maximum heart rate, you basically just keep running/sprinting (we did hills) until your heart rate plateaus at a certain number which will probably be around 195-200 depending on your age and fitness level. Using a heart rate monitor is an easy way to assess your heart rate but if you don't have one handy, then you can always just run until you think you might throw up or die and then check your beats per minute via your pulse. Ta-da!!

    ReplyDelete