Thursday, April 2, 2009

There's No Place Like Home...

This past Halloween I decided to sport a Dorothy costume with the ruby red slippers and all. Fun right? Well if I'd known then the extreme foreshadowing that one decision would have on my present-day life and my current homelessness, well I should say gymlessness, I probably would have opted for something safer like a banana suit. I mean what could a banana suit possibly foreshadow?? Delicious fruit for breakfast?? An ice cream sundae?? What a horrific future...


The good news my dear readers: there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. It seems our pilgrimage is coming to an end and next week we should be able to sculpt our bi's and tri's (among other body parts) in our new gym!! HOORAY!

We are trading in our nomadic ways for a hunter and gatherer lifestyle. We are setting down roots again and I'm excited to see what the new gym will be like! Unfortunately for me though, old habits die hard and I will not be able to give up all nomadicism (yeah, pretty sure I just made that word up) from my lifestyle.

The only downside to our new facility is that it does not have showers so after each workout I will still have to make a small trek to fulfill my my hygienic needs. Katie is lucky to live close enough to our new location where she can go home and shower... I unfortunately do not have the same luxury. I figure, worse case scenario, I can find a garden hose somewhere and give my bod the ol' once over but hopefully for my sake (and my co-workers) things won't come to that. :)


I'll be sure to post next week about our new digs! It will be the new era in our fatty coup d'état. :) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment