Monday, February 16, 2009

I Suppose I Should Spill Also...

Hello all! Per Kaite's post I'm sure you are all aware of our new quest in life. Kaite explained what got her to this point so I guess I should share my side of things!

Obviously, my weight has been something that I've sometimes worked on (but, unfortunately, more consistantly joked about) for several years now. I can't say that I was unaware of what was happening, after all you don't just wake up 30 or 40 pounds overweight but it was more a matter of not being ready to change and frankly laziness. I am lazy. There I've said it. I'm lazy and although I've desired to look better and lead a more active lifestyle my desire to lay around, relax, and watch TV always seemed to trump that. But I had a come to Jesus moment not too long ago with all aspects of my life and over the last month I've been working on changing things. It started with my job and conveniently once things were underway there I received an upset phone call from Katie telling me about her doctor's visit. And as she explained in her post it was only a matter of time before we came up with this scheme. For me, Katie's call and the following happy hour were the catalyst that I needed to get the ball rolling with my weight loss. It was the first time in years that I was truly excited and dedicated to losing weight and I finally had someone next to my side that not only understood where I was coming from but shared my same drive to make a change.

From there things happened pretty fast! It reminds me of a converstation I had with my Dad once. I think at the time we were discussing careers but his statement applies to all aspects of life. He said something along the lines of "if you're trying to do something and you keep hitting road block after road block sometimes that might mean you're on the wrong path. I've found that, generally, when I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing things seem to fall into place." And that is certainly how we discovered our new gym and trainer J.R.! A casual question to one of my students on what gym he's a member of ended up spurring on an hour long conversation, my friend putting us in touch with a wonderful trainer, and in a matter of days we were in the gym. :)

So here we are at the beginning of our little journey. I hope you guys follow and help keep us accountable!

Here's to getting ripped!

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment