Thursday, February 19, 2009

Flying Solo

While Katie is jet setting off to places like Hawaii, I've been left to grind it out in the gym by myself (no bitterness here haha).

Honestly, I was a bit nervous arriving at my first solo session with J.R. not knowing what kind of torture awaited me now that he can focus all of his time and energy on me, but it wasn't that bad! I actually had a lot of fun! My hamstring is still quite a bother, but all and all "legs extravaganza" was good! I have a feeling J.R. took it a little easy on me given my injury, but based on the fact I can only muster a painful shuffle right now I think he accomplished his goals. :)

J.R. seems to think that my hamstring problem might be stemming from built up scar tissue from a previous injury that is now putting pressure on the nerves in my leg. He showed me a few exercises to try and remedy the situation so with a little luck I'll be back to fighting shape in no time!

Well I think that's it for today! If you see me walking around today try not to laugh too hard at my awkward little shuffle!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to say how proud I am of you girls! This is awesome! If you need a workout buddy while Katie is away let me know. I also look forward to reading your blog! A good way to pass time while at work.
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete