Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Did you just touch my balls?

Hey...I know what you're thinking and that's just gross. Get your mind out of the gutter people! I meant a medicine ball and exercise ball! Geez...

So today, J.R. decided to take it easy on us. And, of course, I use the term "easy" loosely. Don't kid yourself...I won't be able to lift myself out of bed tomorrow. But seeing as it feels like someone took a cheese grater to my right hamstring and then afterwards decided to punch it repeatedly, J.R. decided to postpone our "legs extravaganza" for tomorrow. So today we again focused on our upper body.

J.R. had us doing circuits of The Circle (of Doom). Well, I added that last part. And if I'm really being honest I kind of liked The Circle. It was various arms and abs exercises with a little cardio mixed in there. But it just goes to show that no one ever seems to grow up and juvenile jokes will always prevail. Despite the grueling workout, our many reps and sets were peppered with wisecracks about our (workout) balls and strangers, or each other, bumping into them. I must say though, that the jokes are an excellent way to get my mind off of what we are actually doing. So I don't really mind the fact that I, at times, have somehow regressed back to being a 13 year old...boy. haha


No comments:

Post a Comment