Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shamery

Hello everyone!

As you can probably tell by the title of this post that I have once again created a word to describe my current situation. I've realized in life that although there are over 600,000 words in the English language sometimes that just doesn't cut it and I feel its my duty to provide you with the most accurate descriptors as possible. The way I look at it is we can tailor a shirt or dress to fit us perfectly, so why not a word?? Exactly. I knew you'd see it my way. So on to today's lesson: shamery. Now bear with me things are about to get technical...

Shame + Victory = Shamery*

And voilĂ ! Lesson done. Yeah, I'm going to be a stellar teacher. :)

*No, you will not be tested over this later.

So I must admit I'm a mix of emotions today. A small web of shame with the sweet taste of victory delicately intertwined has resided within me. You might be wondering how I came to such a dichotomy of feelings- and no, I didn't cheat to win a race or anything sensational like that. Allow me to explain: I am shamed that I promised you that I would be more diligent in my blogging and somehow I've managed to let a MONTH slip by without a peep! How did that happen?? It is an egregious act on my part and apologies are in order. So here it is: I apologize cyber family for my empty promises and breech of trust. I only hope that you'll forgive me and we'll be able to overcome this in the future. I'm glad I got that off my chest. Moving on!


Victory. I too have had a small victory of my own. In the previous post, Katie described her bomb surprise of realizing that she'd dropped a dress size (congrats!!) so I thought I'd share my own. I've blogged before about my seeming inability to actually drop weight but I'm happy to report its finally coming off! At this point, I've only lost five pounds (hence the "small" victory) but I'm ecstatic to know that my body has decided to stop revolting against my weight loss and has seemed to jump on the bandwagon!! Hooray for bandwagoning!!


My amped up cardio regimen seems to be working so far. Ideally, I'd hoped to be a little farther along than five pounds but the past few weeks- as some of you may know- have consisted of extensive studying and testing for my teaching alternative certification, so at this point I'll take what I can get!! The next few weeks I'll still be hitting the books but not quite as intensive as before (at least for a little while) so I hope to make some headway in the next few weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats Ryan! 5 pounds is no small feat! Btw...i couldn't figure out which one of you is the monkey and which is the lion? I kiiiid, i kiiiidd!! Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete