Sunday, May 10, 2009

Got a little story for you Ags...

So I am attending a high school friend's wedding this coming weekend and decided since I haven't shopped in a couple of months (I mean it would kind of be counter-productive in this whole weight loss journey to go continue to buy clothes in a size, in theory, I shouldn't be wearing for much longer) that if there is one thing I am going to go clothes shopping for in the next couple of months it will be a dress for this wedding season. My mother and I trek on out to Northpark and we end up at White House Black Market for a LBD (little black dress for those of you who aren't up on the hip lingo like I most certainly am). I take two size into the dressing room, try on the larger size and it fits great. We decide to purchase it and call it a day.

When I get home I get the dress out to try it with the accessories I am thinking about wearing and then the panic ensues! I HAVE ACCIDENTALLY PURCHASED THE SMALLER SIZE!!! Dad gum it! This is so not good. I have one week to head back out to Northpark, hope that the larger size is still there (after the sales lady says this dress is selling like hotcakes) and I need to get this dress steamed over the course of the week as well so my time is short. I am planning this nightmare all out in my head and decide that I should try it on just to see how bad the situation is. Lo and behold - it fits! I thought I tried on the larger size but in reality I tried on the smaller one first and I have now officially dropped a dress size! The dress fits perfectly!

It was a great little surprise. Little victories help keep me motivated and this was just one more.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Go Katie! That is awesome news about the dress...it's the little things, right? I'll see you at the wedding on Saturday - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! I'm so glad you are going to be at the wedding. It has been far too long since I've seen you! Looking forward to it =)

    ReplyDelete