Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rando



Ok so I've got lots of little things to talk about, some of which might have something to do with my weight loss journey. Let's just be honest here, there is not much to report on that vein. Due to vacation, work meetings and, this week, jury duty, I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks. I'll be weighing in this weekend, but until then, I will tell you about my rando observations of the day.



A. I went to the gym today (at 2:30 no less - thank you jury duty!) and so it was a different array of gym creatures. I love analyzing what people's stories/careers are to be at the gym at 2:30 on a Tuesday. Today I encountered what I assume to be a firefighter (understandable sighting), a girl with pink shorts and what looked to be water-shoes (an obvious gym novice) and, my favorite of the day, a tall, light haired, tattooed male 20-something with a tracking ankle bracelet ala Martha Stewart. I only wish I knew his real story!!!






B. Copy Cat- I also have a tendency to copy fellow gym creatures. Some times you get the best ideas from watching others. For example, I noticed another girl the other day pulling off a move that I had also seen on Biggest Loser. It basically is putting the treadmill on an incline (6 or so) and a good paced walk (I chose 3.5) and walking for 2 minutes and then doing the "crab shuffle" as Ryan an I dubbed it, sashaying up the incline of the treadmill - 1 minute facing the right side and 1 minute facing the left and then back to 2 minutes walking forward. My hips are sore today!








And no - those of you who know my cat, this is not a picture of him. Believe it or not, Bingley is not THAT fat and need I remind you that I have no babies.




C. Have you ever run across someone with your license plate save 1 digit? Mine is X62 WVL (the Weavil I lovingly call it). Today I saw another Discovery with X60 WVL!



D. I discovered the IDAHO license plate today. 5 to go!






I would also like to send a loving shout out to Amanda. She is a fellow license plate seeker and is down to 4 plates last I checked, even though she started weeks behind Ryan and myself. What I love is that Amanda even downloaded the app for her iPhone. Cheers to you Amanda!




E. Ryan where are you?!? The world needs more of your blogging! We are begging for your return!


2 comments:

  1. I saw a Rhode Island plate roaming around the Las Colinas area, so keep your eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I don't know anyone with Rhode Island! That's a great tip! Thanks Krissy!

    As a side note, I got Alaska today. My remaining list: North Dakota, Maine, Delaware and Rhode Island.

    ReplyDelete