Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fifty Nifty United States

I would like to digress briefly from the subject of Ryan and my weight losses and bring you all a little piece of nostalgia. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Ryan and I went to New Mexico about 3 weeks ago. On this car ride, Ryan revealed to me that she had seen a license plate for Alaska a couple of days earlier and had the idea to start playing the license plate game.

You all know this roadtrip classic. Rules are simple:


(1) The game isn't over until you've seen all 50 license plates. The person who finds them first wins;


(2) Semi's and any other large shipping trucks do not count. Civilian vehicles only;



(3) You cannot intentionally go out of your way searching for plates i.e. I can't go driving an entire parking garage in search of plates. They must be discovered in your normal course of life.






There you have it. Ryan is down to 6 states left. I have about 13 (I got South Carolina and Maryland today). Ryan has the money plate of Alaska and I have Hawaii. It's going to be interesting to see who can get some of the other tough ones first - Montana, Vermont, Rhode Island. Ironically we both have Washington D.C. already so let's call it 50 states and 1 district. We have recruited other friends into our mix and the race is on. I encourage all of you to join it and play, but I will warn you, it can be an impairment to your driving, so please play with caution.




Enjoy!

ALABAMA * ALASKA * ARIZONA * ARKANSAS * CALIFORNIA * COLORADO * CONNECTICUT * DELAWARE * FLORIDA * GEORGIA * HAWAII * IDAHO * ILLINOIS * INDIANA * IOWA * KANSAS * KENTUCKY * LOUISIANA * MAINE * MARYLAND * MASSACHUSETTS * MICHIGAN * MINNESOTA * MISSISSIPPI * MISSOURI * MONTANA * NEBRASKA * NEVADA * NEW HAMPSHIRE * NEW JERSEY * NEW MEXICO * NEW YORK * NORTH CAROLINA * NORTH DAKOTA * OHIO * OKLAHOMA * OREGON * PENNSYLVANIA * RHODE ISLAND * SOUTH CAROLINA * SOUTH DAKOTA * TENNESSEE * TEXAS * UTAH * VERMONT * VIRGINIA * WASHINGTON * WEST VIRGINIA * WISCONSIN * WYOMING

No comments:

Post a Comment